Thursday, July 29, 2021

19, 20, and 21 weeks

Weeks 6-16 felt like they'd last FOREVER, and now time is flying by. Partly because it's been a BUSY month of travel and houseguests (in a 1 month span, I went to KC solo with the kids twice and we also hosted friends + their kids for several days between those trips), partly because, well, I don't know. I have a really long list of stuff to get done before baby arrives, and I feel like I'm running out of time!

The good news is, I don't really have a lot of *anything* to report, good or bad. I mostly feel like myself again, but I'm feeling baby move multiple times a day now. We also reached the halfway point, which feels like a HUGE milestone. And most importantly, our level 2 scan with the perinatologist came back COMPLETELY clear. The subchorionic hemorrhage is nowhere to be seen, and baby looks perfect and adorable. 

Funny story, about halfway through the ultrasound the sonographer and I realized we'd both worked for the same perinatology team at KU Med! It's hard to believe I was there 9 YEARS ago. Whew! But she just left KC within the last year. It was a funny, full-circle moment. They are an incredibly thorough and meticulous team, so I trust we got the most thorough ultrasound possible.

Between the ultrasound and the 20 week mark, it all just feels really REAL and I'm starting to get so excited to meet this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment