Sunday, October 24, 2021

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Lately when I'm in the kitchen and my belly bumps up against the sink, I flashback to my water breaking with Rosie because that's when it happened. I was making dinner, went to wash my hands, and... then it happened. Only a few days ago did I realize I was making spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner that night. Which is sweet because Rosie's favorite dinner in the world is spaghetti and meatballs!

I have a modified meatball recipe on the blog here, but to be honest it's not the best. And when we had to go egg-free for Rosie, I couldn't use that recipe anyway. So here's a new meatball recipe that's easier and tastier!

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef

1 lb ground pork

1/3 cup cassava flour

3/4 cup beef bone broth

1 Tbs salt

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp Italian seasoning blend

Noodles or bread of choice 

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix the cassava flour, salt, and spices together in a small bowl.

2. Dump this mixture into a large mixing bowl with the broth and whisk until smooth.

3. Add ground meats and mix until everything is incorporated.

4. Roll into meatballs and lay them in one layer in a glass baking pan. Should make 20-25 meatballs.

5. Pour 1 jar spaghetti sauce on top of the meatballs and back at 350 for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

6. Serve on top of your favorite pasta noodles or some crusty bread for a meatball sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment