Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In Thanksgiving...

Has it really only been 2 days since the half marathon? I've received an unprecedented number of comments on my Gobbler Grind post regarding the runner needing resuscitation (no clue what I'm talking about? Read the comments on this post and this article). I'm so grateful to be part of a community of people who can spend months training for a race and abandon it all in favor of a fellow runner fighting for more than a PR... fighting for life instead.

Even though I still don't know this man's name, I do know he has plenty of people praying for him and anxiously awaiting any piece of good news regarding his recovery. I can only imagine that this desire is amplified 1000000000-fold in those close to him. Hopefully during the long days and nights in the hospital, it will somehow bring them some warmth this Thanksgiving to know that their loved one has touched the lives of many perfect strangers who headed out on a Sunday morning for a run and came home with a new outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment