Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring has Sprung


*But you knew there would always be spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen.* -Ernest Hemingway

We kind of went straight from 30-degree days to 70-degree days, but I'll take it!


Isn't spring a great metaphor for those times in your life when you find yourself in a new situation, with new possibilities, and a new outlook? I'm seeing the new possibilities (grad school?) and new outlook (I'm in a better mood when the sun is shining), but my situation hasn't actually changed yet. Just a few big decisions pending between 'here' and 'there.'


What I'm loving this spring:

-Grad school interviews


-open windows

-running outside in a tank top 

-daffodils- they're so optimistic!


-taking walks outside

-the cute bag my mother-in-law made for me-- and all the yet-to-be-read library books inside!






Things I'm looking forward to:

-birthdays (Ross and I have birthdays this month. Did I mention I'm 25? I need to say that as much as possible before it changes!)


-shadowing a few Neonatal Nurse Practitioners, labor and delivery nurses, and Nurse Midwives this summer

-the farmer's markets opening again

-reading a book by the pool


What do you love about spring? Anything you're looking forward to in the next few months? 



No comments:

Post a Comment