Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Re-cap

My schedule has been weird lately. Between overtime and poor planning, I haven't had more than one day off in a row for a while (the exception was last weekend when we went to Omaha). This means I'm not getting a whole lot done around here. I usually use my first day off to relax and recover, and the second day to get stuff done.

Anyway, I worked this Saturday, but Ross and I both had Sunday off and we had a great "weekend!"

Thursday night birthday dinner with my cousins and Ross.
Ross adding to the awesome container garden he made me last year.
Lettuce!
Remnants of the Wall of Chocolate from PF Chang's.
Domination. (Please excuse the chocolate in my teeth).

I was mighty excited about my birthday cake, but I'm also excited about all the seedlings we bought at Family Tree Nursery: lettuce, serrano peppers, strawberries, a dwarf tomato plant, basil, and some flowers. Sadly, something (I'm guessing a bird?) has already eaten the leaves and flowers off of two strawberry plants and the pepper plants! And I thought we were safer from pests being on a third floor balcony...


1 comment:

  1. Ill bet it is the squirrels rather than the birds.
    May I suggest putting in a pinwheel or two?
    May be something that rattles in the wind or when bumped?

    Your plants look awesome!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete