Thursday, December 13, 2012

The end of an era

Today was my last day as a Teaching Assistant, and the end of grad school for the forseeable future. The ABSN class I started with is graduating.

These students are my heroes. I just love them. As we all crammed into a conference room for a clinical wrap-up yesterday, my heart just warmed. I got a reprieve this summer, but they didn't. They have been working non-stop to complete an insane amount of difficult material and crazy clinical hours into one calendar year. I have no doubt that every single one of them will pass the NCLEX-RN and I would be thrilled to let any of them, even as new grads, take care of me or my family members. Those guys are crazy smart and driven! I feel a little guilty, because in the end I think I learned more from them instead of the other way around.

This job stretched me even when I resisted. It taught me how clueless I really am and it taught me that I can finish what I started. Most of all, it taught me that God has a sense of humor and a whole lot more clarity than I ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment