Thursday, July 21, 2011

No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oaties

Last summer I devoted a lot of time and blog space to vegetables. I had to find some way to use up the massive amounts of produce in the fridge! This summer, I'm still loving the farmer's market, but I'm all about the "unbaked" goods. I may have think about joining a CSA next year for my health's sake. But for now... cookies!


No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oaties

3 Tbs. butter or coconut oil
2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 Tbs. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups oatmeal

In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add in sugar and cocoa powder and bring to a low boil. Then stir in the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth. Take off heat and add oatmeal, mixing well. Transfer to waxed paper in Tablespoon-sized scoops and cool in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Makes 12-18 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment