I spoke too soon about the nausea, I guess. It hit with a vengeance this weekend with the holiday and heat and not eating our normal foods at normal times. Monday was okay and then Tuesday it hit again, maybe because I was at home resting and didn't have anything to do but think about it. Thankfully, on Tuesday I did think to take some homeopathy and it actually did help! Eating helps, too. Thank GOD that this week is VBS at our church and they serve the kids and helpers dinner beforehand!
Eating food actually makes me feel better. But it's the cooking and smelling the food beforehand that I can't stand. So having dinner made for me has been amazing.
Aversions: coffee, chocolate, cooked broccoli, smelling food
Cravings: Fresh fruit and SUSHI. I had sushi for dinner Monday night while the kids were at VBS and we are ordering it again on Friday for our payday takeout!
While it's somewhat reassuring, I'm actually not wanting to run this program out. My blood sugar seems happier when I don't snack between meals, but I'm going to have to let that go for a few weeks to stay on top of not getting to hungry, thirsty, or hot. And how did I go three pregnancies without dairy?! Cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, mozzarella cheese sticks, and ice cream are all life. Right now. Along with good deli meat and cheese rolled up together or on a sandwich.
I'm actually impressed with how much electrolytes and homeopathy help. I think this is very tolerable as long as I don't wear myself out and start getting some better sleep!
Anxiety about postpartum is creeping in this week, so I've been able to recognize and talk that through with a few friends. I think really what it is is that I want to see an ultrasound next week and know that everything is okay. My miscarriages were in 2009 and 2015, but man, that memory doesn't leave you. And I really want this baby to be happy and healthy and here! I don't know that I've ever wanted to skip the pregnancy part like I do as I type this! I just want to see who is growing in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment