I wouldn't say time is crawling or flying at this point. Between easing into the fall schedule, the self-discipline of homeschool starting again, the kids' commitments, Ross and I both leading early morning BSF groups... I'm just on the borderline of being overwhelmed, hopefully in the growth zone, and certainly busy enough to forget I'm pregnant until my clothes don't fit or I try to lay on my stomach to get some sun and realize that's starting to get uncomfortable!
On Labor Day we went to my aunt and uncle's house on a lake and (baby and) I went tubing with Isaac for his first time! It was so fun! And so bumpy!
I wore a glucose monitor these two weeks just out of curiosity. Was pleased to see my glucose is MUCH more stable now than it was in the first trimester! Also interesting to see how eating a protein bar right before bed keeps my sugars from dipping low/waking up hungry or anxious.
Relaxin has not been my friend the past few weeks, and I've been dealing with hip and neck laxity and pain, especially trying to sleep at night. BUT more people out and about are starting to ask if I'm pregnant, and now that the insane heat is over, I've been more consistent about working out 2-3 times a week and biking Isaac to preschool twice a week. I feel SO GOOD at this point, joint aches and pains aside. I'm so truly grateful and honestly doing this all again in my 40s just gives me a new perspective on how incredible it all is. Like, I'm just going about my day, all the while growing ribs and neurons and internal organs that house a whole new soul who didn't exist before this summer!
I am feeling baby move a little more consistently, but my doctor did confirm yesterday that my placenta is right/anterior right now, which is buffering some of the movement. Honestly, it's all still so surreal even when I do feel movement. And he moves SO much on ultrasound, it's wild at the same time that I'm NOT feeling him more. But it's feeling more real as the weeks tick by, I mostly feel so good, and it's been so long, it's both insanely exciting and a little overwhelming to imagine adding a baby to our rhythms and routines. But don't get me wrong. We are so, so excited and we talk about him often. I love feeling those tiny little wiggles and remembering that he's there and knowing that we have a fierce but unseen connection that continues to grow and develop as we become more aware of each other.
I've been making more decisions about birth and dreaming about what would be ideal this time around. My actual friend (who is an actual doula) is going to be my doula this time and I'm honestly so excited for it to be a legitimate friend, and not just a professional acquaintance who eventually becomes a friend later. She's already been so helpful, helping me parse through my previous births (all wonderful and amazing in their own right) and making decisions about this one, given the balance between what I really want and what's available here in the (not) great state of Nebraska.
No comments:
Post a Comment