Saturday, January 4, 2014

Single-Serving Granola

I love granola. It might be a little indulgent to make one serving at a time, but hear me out: I'm one to eat an entire batch of granola, regardless of size. Ergo if the entire batch is one serving, it's not a problem! This recipe is really simple to make, only dirties one bowl, and makes the entire apartment smell amazing.


1/4 cup gluten-free oats (I get mine at Trader Joes)
1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
1/2 Tbs butter
1 Tbs maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
salt to taste
cinnamon to taste
(walnuts would be an amazing addition, but I'm out right now)

Preheat the oven to 325. Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl (it takes about 30 seconds in my microwave). Mix in the maple syrup and vanilla. Stir in salt and cinnamon to taste (I like a good 4-5 twists of the salt grinder in this recipe, to get a sweet and salty effect, but yours might be different so taste as you go!) Add the oatmeal and coconut to the bowl and mix well until everything is coated. It's that easy!

Then spread on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and you're done. Now enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment