Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Weeks 9, 10, and Travles

Phew. I'm not sure how I managed to do this to myself, but I just took three trips in two weeks and I am TIRED. Baby has now been with me to Nebraska City with my friend Amelia to plan our homeschool years together (third time we've done this and it's the best). Then a few days later our family went to Mahoney State Park for a few days and shared a cabin with my parents, which was AMAZING. We told the kids that baby news that Sunday and they told my parents at Mahoney on Tuesday! Then two days after Mahoney (which was gave us a beautiful break from the heat and general life chaos), Rosie and I drove to Chicago for a whirlwind 36 hour trip to the American Girl store!

I am home and I am tired. Week 9 definitely seemed to be the peak of nausea and food aversions. Homeopathy and frequent snacking still helps the most. I'm still averse to coffee and I've also been pretty averse to protein recently, especially if it's grilled, smoked, BBQ, or slow-cooked and shredded. Week 9 I ate a TON of eggs and now week 10 I've barely wanted to look at them. The one thing that ALWAYS sounds good is mozzarella cheese. I have had margherita pizza twice in the last two weeks and it's hit the spot. Also had a gluten free cinnamon roll in Chicago that was AMAZING. 

But maybe the biggest change has been that between weeks 9 and 10 I went from not looking pregnant to definitely looking pregnant. Which is still so wild to me because baby is, like, the size of a cherry (which is perfectly in season right now). And my uterus is supposedly not even out of the pelvic cavity. So how is it that my stomach is sticking out?!

When I look back at my notes from the other kids, this seems pretty consistent for week 10. I just, I don't know, I wasn't expecting it yet. It's been a while since my body was hijacked (I mean that in the most loving way) and it's just taking me a minute to catch up to the idea that I'm not in control of my body right now. It's a good reminder that even when baby is so loved and wanted, and pregnancy is juicy and expansive, it's still a sacrifice. A worthwhile one, but a sacrifice for sure. I'm so honored to be doing it one more time. It's such a trip. Different than a road trip lol. But maybe there are more parallels there than my tired brain is willing to come up with right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment