Tuesday, May 10, 2011

These are my People

I may be crazy, I'm starting another blog in addition to this one. At Ross' grandma's funeral this week, the pastor kept mentioning what a great legacy Florence left behind: so many children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. A family filled with faith and family-centered values. After the funeral, we all sat at a relative's house ohh-ing and ahh-ing and laughing over old pictures. What a treasure!

I know I did several school projects growing up involving talking to my own grandparents and learning "their stories." I do remember loving the assignments, and I remember some details of their stories, but I've already forgotten others. So I thought, how great would it be to trace my family tree and Ross' family tree as far back into living memory as we can?

It's quite the undertaking, I know. But I'm really excited about it. If we don't scan in these old pictures and collect these stories in one place, who will? I'm interested in the stories behind the family tree. So family, you can expect some nosy e-mails, lunch dates, and photo requests in the coming months...
Check out the initial stages by clicking *here*

1 comment:

  1. I am so very glad and proud that you are a part of family tree. It meant so very much for you to share this special time with us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete