THIS. My new favorite way to cook chicken. So easy! So delicious! So different from what we normally eat (i.e. lots of Mexican and Italian flavors).
Greek Chicken Casserole straight from Bev Cooks
* 1 cup jasmine rice
* 2 cups chicken stock
* 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast (about four)
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp thyme
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 1 tsp onion powder
* 1 tsp garlic powder
*1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
* 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
* 1/2 cup diced cucumber
* 1/3 cup halved Kalamata olives
* fresh parsley leaves
* one lemon, for squeezing
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Pour the rice in the bottom of an 8x12 casserole dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine the salt, thyme, oregano, onion powder and
garlic powder. Rub all over the chicken breasts.
4. Place the chicken on
top of the dried rice. Evenly pour the stock over the chicken and rice.
5. Cover and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the rice is cooked
through, but not mushy.
6. Once out of the oven, evenly sprinkle over the casserole the feta,
cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives and parsley leaves. Give the entire
thing a good squeeze of lemon, and serve with extra lemon slices. YUM.