Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole modified from PaleOMG
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 600 grams)
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- (you can add anything else you like with pizza: veggies, cheese, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop the seeds out. Place spaghetti squash cut side down in agreased 8x8 dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it.
- Remove squash from over and reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the threads out of the squash, squeeze over the sink to remove excess juices, and put the threads into the 8x8 greased baking dish. (Discard the squash skin.)
- Place a large pan over medium heat on the stovetop. Cook onions with some oil until they are soft. Add onions to squash.
- Cook sausage in the large pan until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces.
- Add dried basil, salt, pepper, and eggs to the squash and onion, and mix well. Drizzle the pizza sauce over the top of the mixture, and top with sausage crumbles.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn't give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.