Another Bev Cooks recipe, because hers are easy but GOOD. This one is not a casserole. It's actually kind of fancy, and really only serves 2 adults. But I definitely want to make it again!
Seared Scallops with Wilted Winter Greens from Bev Cooks
* 8 large dry-packed scallops (about a pound)
* 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
* 5 oz arugula
* 3 cups chopped kale
* 1/2 cup Chardonnay
* 3 Tbs. butter, divided
* 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
* salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the garlic and
sauté for 30 seconds. Add the arugula and kale; toss to wilt. Season
with a small pinch of salt. Remove from the skillet.
2. Back in the pan, add another Tbs. oil and 2 Tbs. butter. Once the
butter has melted, add the scallops. Sear for a minute and a half; flip
and sear another minute. You should see a nice sear-y crust on one side.
Remove the scallops and set aside.
3. Back in the pan, add the remaining Tbs. of butter, the wine and lemon
juice. Whisk and simmer until reduced by half. Taste and add a tiny
pinch of salt, if needed!
4. Serve the scallops over a mound of wilted greens, finished with a
good drizzle of the wine sauce. Add lemon zest as a garnish if you want!
You should want.