Saturday, May 6, 2017

26 weeks

I'm so thankful that this past week was filled with SUNSHINE with the exception of rain on Wednesday. Noah and I stayed busy and I simply can't believe how quickly the third trimester is approaching. Writing this at 27 weeks, I'm exactly 3 months from the due date. Which, if this babe is anything like her big brother, means that we could be meeting her in as little as 2 1/2 months!!!

This past week, it all continues to get more real. Baby has had a huge growth spurt, as evidenced by a resurgence in insomnia and middle-of-the-night hunger as much as the huge belly. Ever since 10 weeks, I've been feeling all sorts of movements below my belly button, but seemingly overnight, I now feel baby's movements practically around my side and up to my ribs! She's almost always kicking my bladder. Per my Midwife's encouragement I'm trying not to freak out about having a breech baby, since she doesn't really have to make up her mind until 34-35 weeks. In the meantime, I'm loving all the kicking and rolling and hiccups I can feel!

Strangers are now asking when I'm due without batting an eye, so that means I must really look pregnant. And I feel legit pregnant. Huffing and puffing and waddling, but I LOVE having a baby belly.

I have Braxton-Hicks contractions all day long. It's a fine line between dehydration (which exacerbates B-H) and a constantly full bladder (which also exacerbates B-H). Alas. I'm super grateful to be at the point where pregnancy feels real. Between sickness for the first 20 weeks, and some underlying fear of another miscarriage, I don't think the reality really sank in until quite recently, and it still continues to hit me in waves. We are having a baby. Soon!

This week, Noah asked how baby sister is going to get out of my belly. I was NOT prepared, but I think I answered his question okay. I'm sure the subject is going to start coming up more and more! Anyone have any advice on preparing older siblings for labor/delivery/having a newborn?

No comments:

Post a Comment