Monday, February 8, 2010

Super (Bowl) Sunday

Yesterday was a good day. For starters, Ross and I went to church at 11:00am and FINALLY found a church we both like! I'm ashamed to admit that the church hunt fell to the wayside with holidays and traveling to see families. And then either Ross was working Sunday mornings or I had worked the Saturday night before and just wanted to go home and go to sleep. I know, excuses, excuses. The verdict for now seems to be Heartland Community Church in Olathe. It's a 15 minute drive, which isn't ideal but then again, we were spoiled having Christ Chapel 5 minutes away from our apartment in Fort Worth.

We chose a good Sunday to attend. This was the first Sudnay of a series called "Just..." They played the U2 song "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and I think it summed up my life right now! The pastor was talking about how we tend to live in the past and the immediate future instead of the present and the eternal future like we should. I know I certainly find myself thinking, "things will be better when I can just move to day shift, just wait until the weather is warmer, just pay off our credit card, just save up for a house...

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." I always read this and think that "in its time" means, "someday in the future when the timing is right." However, it can also be read, "He has made everything beautiful in its time," which is the present. I don't know if I'm doing justice to the sermon, but it was very, well, timely. We can't wait to get more involved in church again! I'm sure some of our stress lately has been because we lost our center in Christ and let ourselves become distracted with daily worries instead.

Sunday evening, we went to my Aunt Theresa and Uncle Charlie's house for the Super Bowl. I played Rumicube and drank wine with my aunt and some of her friends while Ross and all the boys watched the game. We had a lot of fun and munched on yummy game food. All in all, it was the best Sunday we've had in a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment