Sunday, June 27, 2010

In-laws downtown and out-of-town

Thursday morning, Ross and his dad had an early tee time at a nice golf course north of the river. I received this text mid-morning:

Yep, my favorite voice from Hootie and the Blowfish and now country music. He was golfing in a group with Brooks and Dunn. While they're arguably the most influential country starts alive today, I'd rather meet Darius!

I'm kicking myself for my disinterest in golf. After that missed opportunity, we rounded up the troops and went get some Mexican food for lunch at Manny's and then hit up the Architectural Salvage store down the street from the restaurant.

The five of us drove to Jamesport Thursday evening and found our cute bed and breakfast outside of town.

Of course, Friday morning we had to go into town and visit the Amish furniture stores. Ross was jealous of their huge woodshops. The rest of us were just impressed with the final products!

It was a whirlwind trip, but I'm glad Ross' family finally got to see where we live. Thanks for driving up here, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG! You have officially made Evan and I jones for a road trip! I want to go to the Architectural Salvage store, that looks fantastic and we all know Evan being part Ross, would geek out over it too.

    Amish country sounds awesome for my old antique loving spirit. Evans Aunt has a Quilt she bought outside of Des Moines that I am so in love with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome at any time! Jamesport has an entire quilt auction in October... something to think about ;-)

    ReplyDelete