Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Doughy Smoothie Bowl

I've been looking for something a little different to eat for breakfast. I try to mix it up between eggs and oatmeal because both are pretty filling, but both have also gotten a little old lately. This morning, I blended up a doughy smoothie inspired by this recipe.

Doughy Smoothie Bowl
1/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
1 cup milk of choice
3 Tbs. dried, unsweetened coconut
1 banana
pinch of cinnamon
splash of alcohol-free vanilla

I placed these in the blender overnight and then whirred it up in the morning. Quick and easy!

This is a porridge/smoothie hybrid so I actually popped it in the microwave for 45 seconds to take the chill off and then ate it out of a bowl. It would be even better with some crunchy granola, flax seed, or nuts sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment