Monday, January 9, 2012

On My Mind Lately

I'm feeling so chaotic and disorganized as of late. Ross was out of town for a week after the New Year and the state of the union apartment quickly grew to reflect the state of my mind. Stereotypes be darned, the man in my life is 1,000,000,000 times neater and more organize than me. Thank goodness opposites attract!

Since I can't type a paragraph without rambling, here are a few things that have been on my mind lately:

-2011 went by ridiculously quickly. It was JUST June, right?

-This winter weather is starting to creep me out. It was nice to cheat the cold in November, and snow-free roads were great for Christmas travel. But seriously? It's just weird. I liked mild winters... in Texas! I feels very wrong here. And if we don't get some moisture soon (just a little, mind you, not a lot) the farmers around here are going to have a very disheartening spring.

-Despite all of my grand ambitions to eventually be a nurse practitioner in some specialty, I don't know if it will ever happen. The NICU has a magnetic pull on me. I go through baby withdraw if I'm off work for more than 5 or 6 days.

-I love Body Pump. But I really miss running. I ran for 1 minute (one measly minute) on the treadmill the other day and my right IT band still hasn't forgiven me. WTF?!

-My schedule is about to get out-of-control busy and I'm a little freaked out. I can rise to the challenge. I must rise to the challenge. I will rise to the challenge!

*It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll.* {Donald Miller} 

No comments:

Post a Comment