Friday, February 28, 2014

25 weeks: Already?!

I know I'm a broken record, but this week went by alarmingly fast. And did you know that we're buying a house and renovating and adding an addition, all supposedly before baby comes in June? Nothing like the last minute...


In the meantime, this week was a lot better on the pregnancy front. I was able to work through some of the emotions below the surface in last week's update, and I also feel physically better. I'm tired from lack of sleep, but my intrinsic energy level has gone back up a bit, if that makes any sense at all? Like last week I couldn't work out or anything. I was just drained. But this week has been business as usual, even though I'm sleep-deprived.

Meanwhile, baby must've packed on the ounces last week because I can tell he's really short on space in there this week as my body races to catch up with him.

just 2 weeks of growth!
Baby Development: Baby weighs approximately 1.5 lbs now, and hanging out with a NICU baby of a similar size this week just reinforced my gratitude that this one is tucked away safe and sound, as much as I'd love to see what he looks like now! (I don't know, maybe it's weird, maybe it's the NICU nurse in me, but I'm fascinated at the thought of what he looks like as he moves around right now. I feel like preemies come out looking like little old men, and you really get an idea of what they'll look like once they outgrow their baby fat! BUT I'm obviously willing to wait 'til he has baby fat to see what he really looks like.) Also entertaining... the little guy used to only be active after I ate or when I laid down, but now he's starting to get squirmy when I'm hungry. Either the growling stomach wakes him up, or he's reminding me to eat sooner rather than later!

Cravings: Still hankering for a Lamar's double chocolate donut, but a Minsky's GF pizza sounds amazing, too.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Hunger! Also, there's lots of stretching going on pretty much everywhere between my ribs and hips and it's a bit uncomfortable some days. Nothing terrible, just... weird.


Which could really just sum up the whole journey thus far, right?

oh, and my winter coat is getting pretty snug too. c'mon, spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment