Saturday, March 25, 2017

19 and 20 weeks

Week 19 was full of lots of baby kicks, many of which could be felt from the outside! It's so cool to be able to feel exactly where the baby is in there, instead of just having a general sense that my uterus is getting bigger.

Week 20 has been AMAZING. Very little nausea despite weaning off of Unisom, very few food aversions, and so much more energy, at last! It's corresponded with the beginning of spring, and I couldn't have planned it better if I tried. I'm SO grateful we are leaving winter behind us. It was a rough one!

We still haven't had our big ultrasound yet, but I looked back at my 20 week post with Noah, and thought it'd be fun to amend this list of old wives' tales, since all anyone seems to ask is if it's a boy or girl. I have no idea, honestly. Noah thinks it's a boy, and often refers to the baby as "he," so that's been skewing my perception a little bit in the past week. 

As an aside, the other day Noah said, "I'm RILLY full! My tummy is bumpy! I have my baby sister in they-ah." So cute, right?! I asked if I was carrying the baby brother, and he said, "no I have baby sister, you have THE BABY." I just love hearing how his mind works.

Anyway, here are the predictions and the answers based on this pregnancy. We will find out next week if the majority answer wins or not! We don't have a preference, but we sure are excited to know more about this baby.


A few of the less ridiculous old wives' tales, and our corresponding answers:

-If you're carrying high and round, it's a girl. If you're carrying low and pointy, it's a boy. (BOY)

-If baby's heart rate is above 140 it's a girl, if it's below 140 it's a boy. (GIRL)

-If your hair becomes thinner, it's a girl. If it becomes thicker, it's a boy. (BOY)

-If you're craving sweets, it's a girl. If you're craving salty or sour foods, it's a boy. (BOY)

-If you have morning sickness, it's a girl. If you don't, it's a boy. (UNDECIDED. This time, the nausea was worse and longer-lasting than it was with Noah, but I wasn't vomiting unless I had norovirus, so I'm not sure it counts.)

-If you break out more, it's a girl. If you don't, it's a boy. (BOY)

-The Chinese Gender Predictor lets your plug in a few calendar dates and predicts what you'll have. (GIRL)

-Mayans supposedly determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy. (BOY)

-If Dad gains sympathy weight, it's a girl. If his weight stays the same, it's a boy. (GIRL)

-If you're moody, you're having a girl. If you're happy, you're having a boy. (BOY-- much less moody this time around, but I was super emotional with Noah, and he's all boy, so I don't put much stock in this!)

-If your legs stay the same size during pregnancy, it's a girl. If they get bigger, it's a boy. (GIRL. Not 100% sure, but I think they're smaller this time?)

-If you have a dream about having a girl, you'll have a boy. And vice versa. (Very very early on, I had a dream it was a girl, more recently I dreamed it was a boy. So I've got nothing.)

-If you're graceful, it's a girl. If you're more clumsy, it's a boy. (BOY)

-If you can only agree on a name for a boy or a girl, you're having the gender you agree on a name for. (I refuse to discuss names until we know! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment