We've made this muffins a few times, and they couldn't be easier. I love that they barely have any added sugar, and they don't require having gluten-free flour on hand. We buy the Trader Joe's organic creamy peanut butter, and it works great with this recipe. These muffins are ready in 30 minutes from start to finish! (FYI the banana flavor is not pronounced at all... you mostly just taste peanut butter.)
Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
makes 12 muffins
1 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
2 ripe bananas (about 1 cup, mashed)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup fresh raspberries or strawberries (for a PBJ muffin), or 1 sliced banana.
1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a muffin tin with 12 liners
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients until smooth (you can also do this in a food processor). Once the batter is smooth, you can fold in one of the optional add-ins if using.
3. Divide the batter between 12 muffin liners and bake for 15 minutes.
4. The muffins should be firm and lightly golden on top. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
5. Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in a sealed bag in the freezer.