Saturday, March 11, 2017

17 and 18 weeks

Week 17 was blessedly normal. I was ravenously hungry, most food sounded palatable, and baby started moving up a storm! I started feeling kicks and rolls 2-3 times a day. At the end of the week, Ross even felt one from the outside.

Week 18, I got sick. AGAIN. With another lovely respiratory infection. And I'm always hungry, but nothing sounds good. So not much to say about this week, except the fact that you can truly feel a BABY in there and not just a stomach pooch. It's so fun and bizarre. My favorite thing. The baby was the size of a croissant this week, and one evening I was poking around and felt its back and legs, and IT'S ALL HAPPENING! I'm so excited. I also gained 4 pounds in the last 4 weeks (as expected, but this was after not gaining anything for weeks on end) and I'm feeling large and in charge, even though strangers don't seem to notice a baby belly yet.

Noah has been so loving and so good at sharing the past few weeks. He wants to give toys, books, and food to the baby, and he loves giving it kisses and hugs. This morning, he wanted to kiss the baby before I left for work, and for some reason I asked, "Noah, what's the baby's name?" He thought for half a second and then tilted his head and said, "His name is Mark!" So matter-of-factly. It was hilarious, especially because I'm not sure Noah knows a single person named Mark!

When I got home from work, Noah was trying to give something to the baby and kept referring to the baby as "him," per usual. I said, "Noah, the baby might be a girl. Did you know that? We don't know yet!" He just looked at me and said, "It is a boy!" Not in a demanding or petulant way, just like, duh, mom. Time will tell. I know we will be happy no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment