Friday, February 4, 2011

Hard Worker

I got force canceled from work today. Meaning, they didn't need 10 nurses and no one scheduled wanted to take the day off. Since I have never been force canceled and most of my co-workers have by this point, it was overdue. I was so excited I couldn't go back to sleep, which is ironic because I stayed up late and didn't want to get out of bed this morning in the first place because I was so tired.

I've already eaten most of the lunch and snacks I packed for work. I did enjoy the sunrise from the warmth of the office, but now I am B.O.R.E.D. There's only one thing left to do: run errands. My least favorite thing. See, I need more human interaction and getting out of the house guarantees I won't eat everything in it out of boredom. But when I leave the house, I tend to spend money I don't need to spend. It's a catch-22. Plus, it looks gorgeous and sunny (and trust me, since February "is the Monday of months," I won't complain about a lil' much-needed sunshine), but that's deceptive. It's 10 degrees and "feels like" negative 2.

SO the point of my babbling is that I was catching up on blogs this morning, and nearly laughed out loud when I read this:

When my husband and I got married, we became one flesh. So when he spends eight hours tearing down and building fence, it’s like I do, too.


I just love the one flesh concept! It makes me one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met.

At this point, I will refrain from exploring just what the whole “one flesh” concept means for [my husband] as it relates to my addiction to The Real Housewives, my moderate agoraphobia, and my refusal to take off my yoga pants for weeks and weeks…

Replace "Real Housewies" with the name of a show I watch, and I'm sure Ross agrees wholeheartedly with this statement. Thank you, Pioneer Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment