Monday, February 21, 2011

Phil Doesn't Lie

My attempts at "Winter Wonderland Wednesday" fell apart after the holidays. I guess I grew disenchanted by the sudden ferocity of a late winter. Last week started with sub-zero windchills and I couldn't feel my face, hands, or legs after walking into work in the morning. But this weekend brought glorious sunlight and a taste of spring. It made me think of my favorite thing about winter: IT ENDS!

On February 2, Puxatawney Phil promised we had less than 6 weeks of winter left. I know this week finds us back to 30s and 40s (thankfully above zero, though) and we have a good month or more before consistent spring weather sticks around, but this weekend I was so thankful for the warms spell and spring winds bringing in fresh air and the promise that it's never too late to start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment