Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Run

Is it April already? And is the warm weather really going to stick around? It's about time! I'm so unbelievably happy that the long trudge through February and March is over.


Ross and I both kicked off the month with an eventful weekend! I had to work Saturday, but Ross rocked the Rock the Parkway 5k in 25:59. A huge improvement over the Truffle Shuffle less than a month ago!

{source}
Then Sunday morning I was fortunate enough to be able to join some co-workers in the Brew to Brew relay: 44 miles from Boulevard Brewery in Kansas City to Free State Brewery in Lawrence.

6am. I don't think anyone is fully awake!

Winds from SW at 26mph gusting to 42mph
I ran the second leg, which was 5.26 miles and I loved it! Despite the massive 20+ mph headwind for 95% of the run (we were out in the open on a levy with nothing to block the gusts), I felt pretty good and was plenty happy to finish in 58 minutes with gas left in the tank!

About 1.5 miles in after climbing up to the levee. Lovely.
Done already!
Sadly, I couldn't stay the rest of the day (and party in Lawrence at the end). But I'm already looking forward to being on this team again next year!

2 comments:

  1. So cool about your relay run!
    PS - I've been reading your other posts about school and such. Just wanted to say that even though I'm not in the same situation as you, reading your posts have been very encouraging. God is good and he will continue to direct your steps. Thanks for being an example of faith. ONE of these days, if you're in TX visiting Britt, I'd love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! This grad school decision is driving me crazy. I'm sure I'll have another long-winded post about it soon. Thanks for reading, and we're hoping to visit TX this summer so I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete