Monday, May 21, 2012

First Harvest

If you want to start a garden but are unsure of how to do so, start with lettuce seedlings. Plant them mid-April ('round these parts, at least), water often, and expose to sun. They grow quickly and it's so gratifying to know that fresh salad is yours for the picking.


Today's lunch was based off of my container garden full of lettuce. I cut off about 3 small bunches, rinsed them off, and topped it with Bragg's Hawaiian salad dressing and Cassie's Asian Tuna Salad (made with 1/4 of an avocado instead of mayo).


So delicious. Thank you, sunshine!

P.S. I was talking about baby names with a parent at work the other day and I was inclined to look my own up. The most basic meaning of "Therese" is "harvest" or "summer." Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I love how your name relates to this post. So perfect! And I have to try the tuna salad with avocado, sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete