Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Peak to Peak (Day 5)

Basically, our last day in Canada was really busy and I keep avoiding writing this post because the sheer number of pictures I took is overwhelming.

Here's the day in a nutshell:

My mom and I went to some free Lululemon yoga outdoors. It was fun!



Ross and I went on a mountain bike ride around Lost Lake. Thankfully, we didn't get lost. But we did find a fun photo-op at Proposal Corner! Thank you to the poor pedestrian who got roped into taking picutres...






I ate this flourless chocolate cake from Pure Bread that I'd saved from the day before. Come to find out, flourless chocolate cake is, like, a thing in western Canada. No wonder I still daydream about it!


Then we joined my parents for a Peak 2 Peak tour. We took several ski lifts from our hotel to the top of Blackomb Mountain, took the world's highest and longest gondola ride across the valley, and explored Whistler Mountain before taking a long lift back into Whistler.





(I lost my Nalgene off one of the lifts. Au revoir.)








Total photo overload, but this isn't even close to all of them! It was such a beautiful day to be outside.




Sandals and snow. Crazy! People were actually snowboarding up there!






















My newfound fear of heights kept me away from cliff edges on the mountain, but the gondola was completely walled and windowed in, which was a little disappointing. Great view, though! Ross and I took a quick, gorgeous hike on the other side.
































We reluctantly headed back down the mountain for dinner at a great local place I didn't get pictures of. Somehow we ended up at Pure Bread for dessert while the Vancouver Symphony played a free outdoor concert in downtown Whilster. Did I mention I could live here? A sweet ending to a sweet vacation!




Thanks, Mom and Dad, for letting us tag along!

No comments:

Post a Comment