Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Waterfalls and Dinner (Day 4)

Friday morning, Ross and I took the car for a 20 inute drive to see some waterfalls. The first stop was Brandywine Falls It was about a 5-10 minute walk from the parking lot.



(the tree is smiling)






The waterfall was pretty, yes, but the viewing deck was so far away that it was hard to really grasp the magnitude and power of the falls. We still enjoyed the view and had more fun exploring the woods nearby.













Then we hopped in the car to head to Alexander Falls. Small pitstop at a lookout point on the way...







These falls were the same. Pretty, but distant.



We met my parents and Ingrid's for lunch again and then set out on our ziplining adventure, which really warrants its own post. After a full afternoon, we had dinner on the outside patio at the hotel's restaurant, the Wildflower. I remember the food being amazing, but I was so blown away by the delicious gluten-free dinner rolls they brought me that I don't even remember what else I ate! (I begged the Fairmont Chateau for the recipe, but to no avail.)











Another great day in Canada!


No comments:

Post a Comment