Friday, July 12, 2013

'Summer Vacation'

I've been off work for a month. A month!

The first week, I really didn't move from the couch. I mean, I went to a Continuing Education seminar on breastfeeding, and I went to the doctor and the dentist and all those things I needed to catch up on. But mostly, I napped and read the first 4 Harry Potter books and watched all the Harry Potter movies, because that's how summer vacation should start.

I also cried a lot.

The following week, I got out more, started working out again, and found myself insanely happy some days. Sunshine will do that to me.


Last week was more or less consumed with 4th of July fun.


And now, after a busy week of job interviews and job shadowing, it's somehow Friday again. Four weeks since my last day at work.

I really thought I'd be back on the blogging train with all this (theoretical) time on my hands. But not yet, I guess. The words still haven't come.

I also really thought I'd have a job by now. This time of 'rest' has been shaking a lot of things loose in my heart and I'm still trying to wrap my head around God's love, His perfect plan, and my place in that plan. It hasn't been easy, but I'm so grateful.



A thought to leave you with:

Worry is not believing God will get it right, and bitterness is believing God got it wrong.    -Timothy Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment