Friday, October 30, 2009

Back to Work

I'm finally done with 7 days of hospital/nursing orientation and sitting in classrooms. Tomorrow night, I have my first shift in almost 2 weeks. I'm ready to meet "my" new babies!

When I started work as a new grad, I worked night shift for 9 months. I learned a lot, I LOVED my co-workers, but it wore me out and broke me down. I don't even remember that summer because I was either asleep or working through it. Time warps depress me but this time I'm married and don't live alone, so I'm PRAYING things go better.

I'm just trying to stay up right now so I can sleep in/take a nap tomorrow. Here are some musings on nursing for you since I don't have anything else interesting to say.

Nursing means...
You will never be bored.
You will always be frustrated.
So much to do and so little time.
You will carry immense responsibility
and very little authority.
You will step into people’s lives
and you will make a difference.
Some will bless you.
Some will curse you.
You will see people at their worst--
and at their best.
You will never cease to be amazed
at people’s capacity for
love, courage, and endurance.
You will see life begin-- and end.
You will experience resounding triumphs
and devastating failures.
You will cry a lot.
You will laugh a lot.
You will know what it is to be human
and to be humane.
(Melodie Chenevert)



No comments:

Post a Comment