Thursday, March 18, 2010

Crazy spring breakers?

My back is getting better; a week off definitely helped. Now I just need to get back into running gently and avoid anything that makes my back hurt. (I'm still not sure exactly how I hurt it. I suspect I did something wrong when I was doing an arm workout last week.) Of course, heat and this yoga stretch help the most:

*


I work 4 nights in a row starting Friday but next week, I think I'm going to go to Bikram yoga three or 4 times and then get back into running after that. NO INJURIES ALLOWED! I am GOING TO run the Cowtown next February!

In slightly more interesting news, here are some pictures from Amarillo. My camera died, but I managed to steal a few pictures from Ross' mom's camera. Emily, my sister-in-law, found this awesome recipe for German Chocolate Cupcakes and suggested we make them over spring break. I make muffins from scratch all the time, but I'd never attempted cupcakes. The batter was very mousse-like and the finished product was amazing with a glass of ice cold milk! Emily took the awesome cupcake photos:

Before...



After... yum!

Ross spent Thursday afternoon and evening playing with Legos working on a grad school project. I had to take pictures!

Check out the color-sorted bins. Apparently he sorted them like that even when he was a kid!

I guess he's going to make a stop-motion animated Lego film for his Visual Storytelling class

All in all, we had a fun and relaxing break. Back to the grind-- and cold-- tomorrow. Snow is in the forecast again!

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes look AMAZING! I think you should make me some ;) jk. I watched Bobby Flay do a german chocolate cake throwdown today too... is it a sign?!? I really think I need some cake!

    ReplyDelete