Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week's End

The last few days have been a discouraging end to the week. My legs were sore after the 5k last weekend, but I ran okay Monday. I woke up Wednesday with a sore lower back but thought running would stretch it out a little. It didn't hurt more when I ran, but it was a bit of a tough workout because I'm breaking in new shoes. Thursday during the day at then at work that night, my back was so painful! Even though I hadn't slept in 22 hours when I went to bed Friday morning after work, I didn't sleep well because of the pain. I wanted to run, but when my alarm went off at 4pm, my back was still just as sore and I knew working out was probably a bad idea.

I hate this! The whole reason I've been slow and steady with increasing running endurance is to avoid injury. I don't even know how I got this one, but it's keeping me from running! However, I CANNOT let it STOP me. I need the patience to rest until my back heals, and then I want to start running again! Let's hope it doesn't take more than a week. I get paid next Friday and need to find a good massage therapist (or physical therapist?) in the area.

The exercise guilt is bad right now. Click here to see how one of my peers sees it (scroll past the obsessive food pictures). It makes sense it my head, but it's still frustrating. Prayers would help! And patience, if I'm grumpy. And muscle relaxants, if you have any ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment