Monday, March 8, 2010

Truffle Shuffle 5k

Ross and I ran the Truffle Shuffle 5k this past Saturday and no, I still don't know why it's called the truffle shuffle! The t-shirts had a mushroom truffle on them, but our goodie bag had a chocolate truffle, so who knows?!

Getting ready to run, hoping for no rain

The weather forecast was low-40s with 60% chance of precipitation. We woke up to overcast skies, but the rain never did come! The temperature was hard to start out in, but it was perfect by the time we were warmed up and done with the race.

Waiting in the warm car

Before the race

The run started at 8:30am and we ran our first mile in exactly 10 minutes! The second mile was about 10 minutes and 10 seconds. The last 1.1 mile took us 11 minutes and 50 seconds, but we walked for a minute around mile 2.5 to stretch our muscles after bunch of rolling hills, twists, and turns.

Starting out

Ross

I promise I am actually having fun!

Cute spectator

We finished 3.1 miles in exactly 32 minutes! I know it's not crazy-fast, but it's a perfectly respectable time and I'm quite proud of it. Ross came in 9th place among men in his age group and I came in 18th place among women in my age group. That put us both in the middle of the pack, which we're perfectly happy with!

Great post-race snack!

This was Ross' first 5k and now he has the bug. Next on tap: Lynn Electric Kansas 5k in Lawrence on April 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment