Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Crunch Time

Well, another day off and I didn't get any studying done. In my defense, I had 2 doctor's appointments (please let this Z-pack get rid of my sinus headache) and then came home, ran, cooked, and cleaned.

But it's getting to be crunch time (just over a month to go) before my RNC exam and I need to get cracking. I have a 3 inch stack of notecards, but I'm only about 15% of the way through the huge textbook I'm using.


Game plan:

1.) Start studying immediately after breakfast in the morning on my days off. It's the only way I'm guaranteed to get a few hours in. (I'm so thankful that I'm finally at a place now where I can put a workout off and know it'll still get done!) 

2.) Limit myself to 1 hour of computer time daily. I feel so ridiculous even having to say this to myself, but Facebook, blog reading, and hulu can suck a huge vortex of time from my day.

3.) Limit goody-baking to once a week. Baking is a stress reliever for me, but I'm finding it's also a huge form of procrastination. It takes time to mix, bake, and then clean up afterward!

4.) Beg Ross to clean the kitchen daily once his semester is over next week. The good thing is that his neatness is starting to rub off on me and my own messes start to annoy me. The bad news is that cleaning has also become a form of procrastination. I could also make less mess, but let's start small here ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment