Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections

2010 saw a lot of changes. Here's an abbreviated version of what I did this year:

-took care of my mom when she landed in the hospital
-saw Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker in concert
-baked a lot of bread
-I planted a garden, which was fun even though it was mostly a flop.
-was a bridesmaid in childhood friend's wedding
-turned 25 and Ross surprised me with a trip to Omaha
-got a Garmin
-learned it's possible to climb 3 stories of an apartment building
-moved to day shift
-ran hard enough to justify an ice bath
-ran frequently enough to call myself a runner again
-took a mini-vacation to rural Missouri with Ross' family
-saw some of my best friends from high school get married
-finally ran 3 miles without taking a walking break
-chose a new primary patient at work who is now my Goddaughter
-quit taking Effexor XR for depression and anxiety
-joined a CSA and worked 2 farm shifts as part of our payment
-waxed philosophical about running
-realized life has taking quite a few twists and turns
-went to Okoboji for a cousin's wedding and found out another cousin is pregnant!
-watched my dad complete an Olympic Triathlon
-added a quotes page, a running page, and a recipe page to my blog
-took a much-needed vacation to Ft. Worth in August
-started to focus on changing the way I see, instead of changing the way I look
-made an inspiration board
-was a potential donor for someone with leukemia and got extensive blood testing done, but failed to be a perfect match
-stopped working so much overtime
-fell in love with my job again
-celebrated my 2 year wedding anniversary
-ran my first 10k and LOVED it!
-celebrated my mom's 50th birthday
-worked on improving my self-esteem
-watched my baby brother play varsity football at Rosenblatt Stadium
-went to Chicago with Ross- a first for both of us
-ran double-digits for the first time in 7 years
-I started having an asthma exacerbation in October, which still hasn't cleared up entirely
-we moved to a new apartment
-I ran a 1/2 Marathon with my best friend from high school!
-Ross surprised me with a one-day trip to Ft. Worth before heading to Amarillo for a belated Christmas vacation

Now that the bulk of the holidays are over and the New Year is approaching, it’s a fun time to reflect on our accomplishments from this past year. It's been so fun to look back on 2010 via my blog. It was a hard year, but I like to think I grew a lot.

What did you do in 2010 that you’re the most proud of?

I think my own answer would be my 10k in September. I trained well, took care of my body, and pushed myself to do something I couldn't have done a year ago! 



No comments:

Post a Comment