Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hello from Texas!

I got canceled from work on Tuesday. The low census rescued me from my 5th shift in a row. As if that wasn't exciting enough, Ross then planned an impromptu trip to Ft. Worth on our way to Amarillo!  We met good friends for dinner Tuesday night (I love friends and Piranha Sushi!) and stayed in a swank hotel at a cheap rate thanks to hotwire.com.

Happy place

Very different attire than when the 3 of us ate out 4 months ago!
Wednesday morning, I got to go running on the Trinity Trail. A blissfully flat and uncomplicated way to run. I can't believe this trail used to be in my backyard! The weather was 60 degrees and cloudy, with a little humidity, which was a much appreciated change from the cold, dry air in Kansas. I actually got too hot on my run... that hasn't happened since this summer's heat wave.

Pre-run

So happy post-run

Streeeetch
 I then showered (holy hotel shower massager) and Ross and I wandered around the Ft. Worth Water Gardens. It's something we always meant to do before moving, but never got around to it. Fortunately, it was across the street from our hotel, reminding us: better late than never. It was especially nice for us to see greenery and un-frozen water in the middle of winter!






















We finished our whirlwind trip with a stop at Central Market (of course) and lunch at Fuzzy's.  What a great way to wind down 2010. Thanks, Ross!









Now we're in Amarillo with a whole week of relaxation stretching before us (with a little studying and running thrown in for good measure). I do believe this will be my longest break from work since September 2009. I so need this!

No comments:

Post a Comment