|They also taste better in a Holiday Cup from Starbucks, despite this year's scary snowmen!|
Generally, stirring milk into my coffee is as complicated as I get with hot drinks at home, but a recipe for homemade coconut chai latte changed everything. This has been my study drink of choice lately and it doesn't involve venturing out into the cold!
Coconut Chai Latte
• 1/4 cup + 2 Tbs. almond milk
• 1/2 cup strong chai tea, brewed for 10 mins (I used 2 tea bags)
• 3 Tbs. coconut milk cream (thick, creamy part at top of can, NOT low fat coconut milk)
• 1 Tbs. pure maple syrup
• 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• Pinch of cinnamon, to garnish
In a small pot on medium heat, combine milk, chai (after 10 minutes of brewing), and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and then lower heat for 1 minute. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla. Add mixture to blender and blend until frothy for 60-90 seconds.
(Alternately, I used my Aerolatte whisk while the mixture was still on the stove.) Pour into mug and sprinkle with cinnamon. Makes 1 delicious mug of chai.
Spicy chai lattes make me love winter a little more.