Thursday, August 9, 2012

All this Time

Yesterday was a weird day. It started off fine, but by the afternoon I started getting really anxious. I felt like I was never in the right place at the right time the whole rest of the day. I was having trouble prioritizing and consequently felt unsettled. I was driving to a meeting at church that I was unsure I wanted to attend and, of course, I was running late. Then this song came on the radio. Every time I hear those opening notes, I feel like God is tapping me on the shoulder and bringing me down to earth and into the moment again.



But the peace was very short-lived and I was anxious throughout the meeting. There was a spectacular thunderstorm going on and I wanted to be on a porch somewhere watching it blow in instead of listening to this lady talk really really slowly. (Also, I'm starting to notice that I get really anxious when I'm in rooms that don't have windows. Lovely. Let's just pile on the neuroses here.) So I was driving home with tears on my face because everything makes me cry these days, and I happened to look to the left and what I saw seriously caught me by surprise.

{Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant.} Genesis 9:14
 I'm not sure why I was so shocked to see it, except for the fact that the cool wind blowing when I left church made me think of my Study Bible's commentary on the story of Noah. In reference to Genesis 8:21-22, it said that every change of seasons is a reminder of God's covenant. Then to see a rainbow on the way home... wow. Not to mention the fact that it was a gorgeous, vivid rainbow streaking across a multi-hued sky. And I could see the rainbow end-to-end as I was driving home. (Of course, I didn't have my camera in my purse. Otherwise I would have pulled over right then and there to photograph it.)


God is so faithful.







No comments:

Post a Comment