Thursday, July 1, 2010

CSA Week 8

We didn't get our CSA veggies last week because we were en route to and from Lawrence with Ross' family during pick-up time. But we went this week and some of the summer goodies are starting to come in!


That's some sad-looking spring broccoli (the last of the harvest), a huge zucchini, carrots, fresh garlic, and fresh onions.

I decided to make an all local lunch today, just because I can. I halved the zucchini and scooped out the insides. I chopped that zucchini up and mixed it with a few little carrots, a small onion, and a wedge of garlic.


 Then I mixed in a little over 1/2 a cup of local farm cheese that we got last week in Jamesport! The Mennonites at this creamery get the milk from their own cows and make fresh, raw milk cheese 5 days a week.


 Stuff everything inside the shells, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake at 350* for about 35-45 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment