Saturday, August 14, 2010

Vegetables

With all the traveling I've done lately, I haven't had time to post of our CSA produce the last 2 weeks. It's actually been the same stuff for a few weeks now, so you're not missing out. Here are a few pictures, though.
Is it weird to crave roasted eggplant? I can't get enough while it's in season!
Baby watermelon
I do have to admit, Texas watermelon last summer was better :-(
For some reason, we've only been getting purple bell peppers
Salsa fixings. Sadly, my homemade salsa was a big *fail*
Finally, we have "health challenges" at work and if you complete 3 challenges, you get a health insurance discount. July's challenge was an attempt to get at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Thank goodness for our CSA produce! This goal was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It takes planning, foresight, and preparation to eat 5-a-day.


It was interesting to track this, though. I started to notice that I really did feel more energetic (and have fewer stomach aches) on the days I ate more produce. I highly recommend challenging yourself to try this for a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment