Sunday, August 29, 2010

Restless

It's the end of a long, busy weekend at work and I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep. I feel like I'm waiting for something to happen, but I'm not sure what it is.  In the words of my friend Johanna, "I want to DO, but what? I want to GO, but where?"  I mean, really, I want to SLEEP right now, but these are the bigger questions.

I don't know if I'm on the verge of something great? Figuring out the secret to happiness overnight?  (Doubt it).

I wonder if it's the change of seasons. We got a hint of fall last week, but now it's back into the 90s and muggy! Apparently Seasonal Affective Disorder can be applicable to any season that lasts too long. The days are getting shorter, but summer is lasting way too long! Have I been away from the Midwest for too long? September is coming up and that means fall, right?

The locusts in the tree outside our apartment are going crazy around the clock. It's like they know to "rage, rage, against the dying of the light." I would if I could. Instead, I'll sit here and wait for inner peace and all good things to come to me. Or sleep, whichever comes first ;-)


Something to think about: “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Washington Thurman

No comments:

Post a Comment