Monday, August 30, 2010

Today Was a Good Day

Just waking up in the mornin' gotta thank God
I don't know but today seems kinda odd
No chirpin' from the locusts, no pain
Sunny ev'n though tomorrow calls for rain
I got my grub on, but didn't pig out
Got a call from Johanna wants to hang out 
Lookin' forward to lunch as I hit the do'
Happy to be off work another twenty-fo'


Had to stop at a red light
Lookin in my mirror and not a cop in sight
And everything is alright
I got a text from Merrell, 'bout a wedding in November 
When I last saw her I can't remember.
Went to the dog park with Jo, Tag, and Toby


Had a Sheridan's sundae for dinner
Got my books in the mail, feel like a winner

 
I got to sleep in and I ran a 5k
I can't believe, today was a good day

(For best results, rap to the tune of Ice Cube's "Today Was a Good Day." But don't look up the real lyrics. Please. It's a terrible song and I'm ashamed I even know parts of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment