Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Funday

Clearly, I'm writing and post-dating three separate posts for one day. Sunday was such a busy, full day that I wanted to put different things into different posts.  After the huge, filling lunch with Keenie, Juju, and family, I drove out to Denton to meet my dear friend Brittnye and her husband Evan (and their daughter Avery).

We walked around the square and got some old-fashioned ice cream.


Then I locked my keys in Ross' truck.  That was fun. It took an hour to get them back and by then, sweet Avery was so worn out from the heat and excitement. She took a late nap and Evan's parents watched her while Brittnye, Evan, and I drove out to Lake Roy Roberts.  It was still hot out at 7:00pm (then again, I didn't mind it much because you expect it to be hot in Texas in the summer).


The water was the perfect temperature. Not cold, but not bath-water warm. The three of us floated and talked and lost track of time. It was a gorgeous night to be outside. No bugs, either!


It's so great to catch up. I can't believe it's been 10 months since I saw these smiling faces!

1 comment: