Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yogging

I've ashamed to admit that I've seen my fair share of Will Ferrell movies. Most of the popular ones came out when I was in high school and college-- prime time for wasting time and money on stupid movies! One of my favorite quotes is from Ron Burgundy in Anchorman:
"Veronica and I are trying this new fad called, uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. It might be a soft 'j'. I'm not sure, but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild!"
I just finished a 2.2 mile run that was so much harder than it should have been. I'm on week 2 of my 10k training plan and my weekly mileage has actually dropped 1 or 2 miles in the last two weeks. It should be easier, right? On days like this, I have to remind myself of the good runs and the weeks I know I'm improving.  And when I finish that 10k in September (and that half marathon in November, and that marathon in February), I know the feeling of accomplishment is going to be wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment