Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Saving Gas?

We came back from Amarillo earlier than expected, and Ross rushed off to work this morning while I sat at home with a dead car battery. I finally got restless and decided to bike to the bank and the grocery store for a few staples since we had a more-or-less empty fridge. (I think of myself as creative, but I can't make a meal out of salsa, salad dressing, and nut butter)!

I took a route I knew, wore bright colors and reflectors (even though it was light outside), and followed biking etiquitte. Apparently, cars don't understand biking etiquitte. I was on the fence before, but I am now convinced that we live in the most pedestrian-unfriendly neighborhood I've ever lived in in my entire life. I like the idea of biking to run errands, and it was only 8.5 miles round-trip, but it's not realistic right now.


I'm home now, thankful to be alive!

1 comment:

  1. Yea, those 3 components would not make a good meal. LOL Glad you had a good (and safe!) bike ride. :)

    ReplyDelete