Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dare to Dream


Happy New Year!

Last January, I made my New Year's Resolutions for 2010:

1) Find a church- done (finally!)

2) Start praying daily with Ross again- didn't happen. Will try again in 2011.

3) Get our budget back on track after moving to KC- done

4) Make friends in KC- slowly but surely happening. I've had a few lunch and dinner dates with day shift girls, as well as a dear night shift friend (who should just move to day shift- you know who you are!)

5) Do yoga at least once a week- this only got done when financially possible, so not often.

6) Do the Bike Ride Across Nebraska- not done, due to the fact that I couldn't get the time off of work.

7) Exercise routinely- done! I've been in better and worse shape at different points in the year, but I don't think I've gone more than 2-3 weeks without any form of exercise. That's huge for me!

8) I didn't broadcast this, but I was hoping to get off my daily antidepressant medication- done

9) Eat at least one serving of fruits or vegetables at every meal- done. This summer I even got up to 5-8 some days!

10) Laugh more, read more, cook more, play more- this was too vague, but I did read a lot and cook a bunch!

In 2010, I learned to trust myself a little more and push myself a little more. I hope to continue this trend in 2011. I love resolutions and the idea of a "fresh start" (even though any old day can be a fresh start), but I need more measurable resolutions this year.

Here are 11 things I hope to accomplish in 2011:

1) Run 26.2 miles during my 26th year (leaning tentatively toward the Omaha Marathon in September).

2) Run a sub-30 minute 5k and a sub-60 minute 10k. I already know this is going to kick my butt!

3) Weight train/cross-train twice a week, and stretch daily.

4) Eat at least 4-5 servings of produce and at least 2 servings of whole grains (not bread) most days of the week.

5) I was recently diagnosed with IBS and I'm hoping to learn which foods trigger it.

6) Re-work our budget to plan for: a car for me and travel for both of us.

7) Travel somewhere new. Preferably Europe.

8) Pray daily and get more involved in the church we've chosen to attend.

9) Obtain my RNC and begin the "nursing leadership program" my hospital has started.

10) Learn how to use a "real" camera instead of my point-and-shoot.

11) Plant a successful container garden on our balcony with at least 3 thriving plants.

Possible wild cards: travel nursing, studying Spanish, buying a house.

2011 should be a great year. I can only thank God for the grace to give me a new day every day, and I can't wait to see what this year holds for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment