Saturday, October 9, 2010

Boys of Fall

Last night, Ross and I were in Omaha for a classic high school football Friday night. Well, "classic" might be too loose of a term. 12,000 people watching high school boys play football? That's a big deal. We went because it was the only Friday this month I could make it to Omaha and watch my baby brother rule the field.

We weren't disappointed. He caught a 37-yard pass early in the first quarter and he caught a touchdown pass later in the game. He was also instrumental in other plays but, well, I don't know anything about football. I just know my heart swelled with pride each time the announcer said Bobby's name.

We tailgated before hand and even had tickets for the game- that's how big of a deal this game was.

Ross and my mom
So official
Therese + Ross
The game was at Rosenblatt Stadium, the pot of gold at the end of the "Road to Omaha" for all college baseball players (yes, this was a football game in a baseball stadium). They had some old cars out front, to celebrate the 1960s theme- the last time these two teams played each other in this stadium.


I paid one last visit to the Boys of Summer (Rosenblatt and all it's history will be torn down soon).

 

And then the boys of fall took the field.



Prep won this time (in 1960, the game ended in a 0-0 tie). Congratulations on a great game, Bobby. I'm so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment