Sunday, October 10, 2010

CSA Week 22

Happy 10-10-10! If I had been off of work today, I would've done something crazy to celebrate... like run 10 miles! Or more likely, make cookies with 10 ingredients and eat 10 of them ;o)  Instead, I'll settle for a CSA post. I love getting local, seasonal produce every week. Things taste better when they're fresh and in season. And with the abundance of squash and sweet potatoes available right now, I'm also wondering if there's something about Beta Carotene that got our ancestors through a long winter. I plan on stockpiling, just in case.

Sweet Peppers

Hot Peppers

Sweet 'Taters


Garlic Chives

Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes- pictures don't do them justice!

Garlic Cutie

I'm trying to enjoy the fall harvest while it lasts. The farm has already had one night of frost!


No comments:

Post a Comment